|01/21/18 http://www.mikeallemana.com||Juli Wood’s Big Bari Band||Juli Wood’s Big Bari Band in Chicago, IL||Room 43||United States|
|Time: 7:30pm. Age restrictions: All Ages. Address: 1043 E. 43rd Street. Juli Wood and Rajiv Halim dual on the bari sax!|
|01/27/18 http://www.mikeallemana.com||Sisters Doin’ It For Themselves||Sisters Doin’ It For Themselves in Chicago, IL||Szold Hall||United States|
|Time: 7:30pm. Admission: $15. Age restrictions: All Ages. Address: 4545 N. Lincoln Ave. Accompanying vocalists Lindsay Weinberg and Aerin Tedesco for a concert where the sisters take charge to celebrate pioneering female musicians.|
|02/01/18 - 02/04/18 http://www.mikeallemana.com||Juli Wood’s Big Bari Band||Juli Wood’s Big Bari Band in Chicago, IL||Jazz Showcase||United States|
|Time: 8:00pm. Age restrictions: All Ages. Address: 806 S Plymouth Ct. Juli Wood and Rajiv Halim–two baritone saxophones. With Sam Jewel on drums and Josh Ramos on bass. Material from Sun Ra, Pat Patrick, Ronnie Cuber, and others.|
August 18 has arrived! The George Freeman/Mike Allemana Organ Quartet with special guest Bernard Purdie officially release Live at the Green Mill on Ears&Eyes Records. It was a long process for George and I: recorded by David Zuchowski at the Green Mill in April 2015, going through 6 sets of music to select just the right tracks, mixing, editing, and mastering with Brian Schwab (see Howard Reich’s article); and putting the finishing touches on the release with Matthew Golombisky at Ears&Eyes Records. It was worth all the work and sacrifice for our first album with organist Pete Benson and one of American music’s legends, Bernard Purdie.
George and I will be celebrating this release and George’s 90th birthday at the Chicago Jazz Festival on August 31 at 6:30pm in Millennium Park.
- Pre-order your copy of Live at the Green Mill on Ears&Eyes Records!!!
- Announcing pre-release fundraising campaign for the Freeman/Allemana 4tet with special guest Bernard Purdie
- Tammy McCann and Mike Allemana Live at Studio 5 in Evanston, Feb. 12
- George Freeman performs “Birth Sign” at Fulton Street Collective January 18, 2017
- September 29: the premier of my new trio at 210 Restaurant in Highwood
- WDCB presents: George Freeman/Mike Allemana 4tet, Friday, August 26th at the Promontory
- George Freeman/Mike Allemana Organ 4tet at The Promontory, Friday, August 26th
- Philip Bohlman’s Jazz Worlds/World Jazz book release, May 24, Seminary Co-op
- 20 Years of The Model Citizens, March 20th, 2016 at Martyr’s!!!!