In 2008, I collaborated with saxophonist Greg Fishman to release a guitar version of his famous saxophone etude book, Jazz Guitar Etudes. It’s a great learning tool for any age or experience level. Check it out.
There are few musicians one meets during one’s career who think, hear, and improvise music in such synchronicity it is like the musician is inside your brain, hearing exactly the same things. For me, Greg Fishman is one of those musicians. So I am truly excited that he and I will be performing our duo project at Winter’s Jazz Club on Tuesday, July 31. Shows are at 7:30pm and 9:30pm. Click here for more info.
photo by Harvey S. Tillis
- After Dark, Tuesday nights at Andy’s
- George Freeman and Mike Allemana, Green Mill, April 13 and 14 with Bernard Purdie
- Live at the Green Mill officially released!!
- Pre-order your copy of Live at the Green Mill on Ears&Eyes Records!!!
- Announcing pre-release fundraising campaign for the Freeman/Allemana 4tet with special guest Bernard Purdie
- Tammy McCann and Mike Allemana Live at Studio 5 in Evanston, Feb. 12
- George Freeman performs “Birth Sign” at Fulton Street Collective January 18, 2017
- September 29: the premier of my new trio at 210 Restaurant in Highwood
- WDCB presents: George Freeman/Mike Allemana 4tet, Friday, August 26th at the Promontory