In 2008, I collaborated with saxophonist Greg Fishman to release a guitar version of his famous saxophone etude book, Jazz Guitar Etudes. It’s a great learning tool for any age or experience level. Check it out.
We are so excited to announce that the new album Live at the Green Mill with the George Freeman/Mike Allemana Organ 4tet with special guest Bernard Purdie on Ears&Eyes Records has gone to production. The official release date is August 18, but you can pre-order your copy now (vinyl with digital download or just digital download): https://mikeallemana.bandcamp.com
All pre-orders come with two instant tracks, so you get to preview what the album will sound like! Pretty cool!
Howard Reich wrote a wonderful story about the making of this album: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/reich/ct-jazz-george-freeman-ent-0614-20170613-column.html
Illustration by Luke Etcheverry, design by Fede Maks
- Announcing pre-release fundraising campaign for the Freeman/Allemana 4tet with special guest Bernard Purdie
- Tammy McCann and Mike Allemana Live at Studio 5 in Evanston, Feb. 12
- George Freeman performs “Birth Sign” at Fulton Street Collective January 18, 2017
- September 29: the premier of my new trio at 210 Restaurant in Highwood
- WDCB presents: George Freeman/Mike Allemana 4tet, Friday, August 26th at the Promontory
- George Freeman/Mike Allemana Organ 4tet at The Promontory, Friday, August 26th
- Philip Bohlman’s Jazz Worlds/World Jazz book release, May 24, Seminary Co-op
- 20 Years of The Model Citizens, March 20th, 2016 at Martyr’s!!!!
- Caroline Davis 4tet/quintet this weekend Dec 4/5